Local Internet Marketing Strategies
Posted in SEO Tip
This is an easy one: If you’re a business with a physical location, you should consider adding it to Google Places. Adding your business to Google Places will improve your search listings, and/or give you a spot on the Google Maps, which gives people an even better chance of finding you when they’re searching for you.
A 2007 Nielson Report on Local Searches found:
- 86% of respondents said they use the Internet to find a local business, a rise from 70% figure reported the previous year (2006).
- 80% reported researching a product or service online, then making that purchase offline from a local business.
Google Places is an easy way to capture these local business searches. The value doesn’t end there. Here are two tips to making the most of Google Places:
- Reviews: Google Places allows the submission of reviews. Ask your clients to write reviews! Make it easy: Send your clients a review link.
- Invest in a ‘Sponsored’ paid link position.
- Use the tags feature. It’s free…for now. Google will eventually charge for these.
What are you waiting for? Get started on Google Places now.