Access TA100 PRO & GENESIS PRO/SQL From Anywhere Local or Remote!
- Provides Browser Based Access To The Desktop Application
- Easy Setup and Operation
- Dramatically Increases Access Speed vs. Wide Area Network
- Runs On Your Existing Network
- Supports your favorite browser
- Reduces Installation Costs
- Managers Can Access/Edit Data From Any Remote Location
- Utilizes Existing TA100 & GENESIS Databases
- Computer and OS Independent
- Supports all Modules
Access TA100 or GENESIS from anywhere in the World…
TA Remote functions similar to RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol). The application web-enabler provides browser based access to the application running on the host IIS server. To the end user, TA100 PRO & GENESIS PRO/SQL function identical to their desktop counterparts. No retraining of administration or management required. The main benefit of TA Remote is accessibility and speed. By having a browser front end the application is now accessible from virtually anywhere in the world. Since the browser is just a picture of the actual application running on the host server, the speed at which the application loads and moves from screen to screen is lightning fast compared to the same application running over a wide area network.
Since TA Remote accesses the same FoxPro or SQL database, upgrades of existing customers is as simple as implementing an IIS service, installing TA Remote and pointing the web portal to the existing TA100/GENESIS application. There are no additional charges for upgrading and no database conversions.
TA Remote runs on a mid class IIS server with a capacity that matches the number of concurrent users needing to access the system. A file server is not required but recommended. The product allows for more than one IIS server to process the application pages (scales). Other than IIS, no special software is required. User configurable settings allow you to select whether you want to print to a local default printer or a remote centralized printer.
TA Remote supports server “clustering”. File/database, web and polling processes can now be distributed across multiple servers. By doing this, your current application can scale higher without any significant loss in screen access or processing speed.
Eliminate payday panic! Know exactly where your employee’s time and dollars are spent by implementing your rounding rules, not your employee’s. By removing human error, accurately reporting employee hours and dramatically reducing the amount of time spent on payroll preparation, TA Remote along with the TA100 or GENESIS time and attendance systems will pay for themselves in less than one year!
TA Remote Server
- Supports the following Windows operating systems - Windows Server 2003 Standard or Enterprise Edition with Service Packs 1 and 2 Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard or Enterprise Edition.
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2.
- Where applicable, these platforms are supported with or without the Security Rollup Package. Right-to-left languages are not supported.
- A minimum of 256 mb of RAM is required, plus 5 mb of RAM per user, plus the memory required by the application(s) deployed via TA Remote. The server requires 500 mb of free disk space.
- TA Remote requires TCP/IP for network connections — TCP/IP must be installed prior to installation.
- A Web server must be installed on an available network machine in order to Web deploy TA Remote.
- TA Remote listens on Time Spot's registered port 491 for TCP and UDP packets.
- TA Remote Administrators must have administrative rights on the server.
- The server’s display color depth must be greater than 256. (16 million or greater is recommended.)
- Users must be able to log on interactively (locally) on the TA Remote Server. Assign local logon rights to users in Local Security Policy, Domain Security Policy, and Domain Controller Security Policy.
TA Remote Client
Signed Java Client — The signed Java Client allows users to take advantage of the client file access, client printing, and clipboard features of TA Remote.
Unsigned Java Client — The unsigned Java Client is designed for users who do not want the Java applet to have access to their machine’s file system. With the unsigned Java Client, client file access, client printing, and clipboard features are unavailable.
Microsoft ActiveX Control — Windows users running Internet Explorer are able to download and run the ActiveX Control in either loose or embedded windows mode.
Windows Client — Windows users can install the Windows Client on their client computer and run TA Remote from the Start menu or a desktop shortcut.
Use Signed or Unsigned Java Client listed above.
Mac OS X Client — Mac users can install the native Mac OS X Client and run TA Remote using Mac OS 10.3 and 10.4.
Browser Plug-in for Mac OS X — Mac OS X users running Apple Safari or Mozilla Firefox can run the Browser Plug-in either loose or embedded mode.